1- EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED IN PRICE LESSON PRICE, (WET SUIT, SURF BOARD, INSTRUCTOR (AND ALL THE WAVES YOU CAN RIDE).
PEOPLE OFTEN BRING WATER, TOWEL, AND SUNSCREEN.
2- WHEN YOU BOOK AND PAY ONLINE, YOUR RESERVATION IS 100% GUARANTEED. WE WILL ANSWER YOUR RESERVATION REQUEST WITHIN 12 HOURS.
2a- GIFT CERTIFICATES MUST CALL IN TO BOOK LESSON.
3- IF YOU MAKE A RESERVATION ONLINE AND DO NOT PAY, YOUR LESSON IS NOT BOOKED. WE ARE SORRY, BUT THIS POLICY WAS INSTILLED DUE TO ALL THE FLAKY "A" HOLES WHO WASTE OUR TIME. WE RESPECT YOUR TIME AND WE ALWAYS SHOW UP EARLY FOR YOUR LESSON.
4- IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE, NEED TO RESCHEDULE, OR CANCEL, CALL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WE WILL TRY TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR NEEDS AS MUCH AS OUR SCHEDULE PERMITS, BUT NOT GUARANTEED. PLAN ON SHOWING UP AT YOUR SCHEDULED LESSON , ON TIME.
5- PLEASE ARRIVE 5 MINUTES EARLY TO YOU LESSON. WE SCHEDULE OUR LESSONS BACK TO BACK, IF YOU ARE LATE IT EATS INTO YOUR LESSON TIME. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE HORROR OF LA TRAFFIC, THE DIFFICULTIES OF PARKING (finding parking, parking lot lines and prices), AND MURPHY'S LAW, TAKE THESE INTO ACCOUNT WHEN PLANNING YOUR DRIVE. (Add 30 minutes to drive time to be safe).
6- AFTER BOOKING ONLINE, YOU CAN RESCHEDULE YOUR LESSON ONLINE OR CALL UP TO 24 HOURS BEFORE YOUR LESSON WITH NO CHARGE. WE WILL TRY TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR NEW REQUESTED TIME. RESCHEDULING WITH LESS THAN 24 HOURS IS A CANCELLATION AND NO REFUND WILL BE ISSUED.
TRYING TO RESCHEDULE FOR ANOTHER TIME OR DAY, ON THE SAME DAY AS YOUR LESSON, IS CONSIDERED A CANCELLATION.
7-100% REFUND WITH 24 HOUR CANCELLATION NOTICE.
8- IF IT'S IMPERATIVE FOR YOU TO RECEIVE A PRIVATE LESSON OR A PARTICULAR INSTRUCTOR, PLEASE ADD THIS TO THE NOTES SECTION WHEN MAKING RESERVATION. WE WILL ACCOMMODATE YOUR REQUEST ABOUT 99% OF THE TIME, HOWEVER IT IS NOT GUARANTEED. WHEN BOOKING THE BUSINESS OWNER, HE WILL ASSIGN YOU TO ANOTHER INSTRUCTOR 99.99% OF THE TIME.
9- IF YOU PAY FOR A PRIVATE LESSON, AND WE ADD YOU TO A GROUP, (NEVER LARGER THAN 5 PEOPLE) YOU WILL BE REFUNDED THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE AT THE END OF YOUR LESSON.
10- ALL RESERVATION ARE IN Pacific Standard Time. BE AWARE OF THIS WHEN BOOKING OUTSIDE OF PST. WHEN BOOKING ONLINE, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN AUTOMATED EMAIL WITH LESSON TIME IN YOUR TIME ZONE. ALL LESSONS ARE IN PST! IF YOU HAVE A GOOGLE CALENDAR YOUR APPOINTMENT TIME WILL SYNC IN YOUR CALENDAR IN YOUR TIME ZONE AUTOMATICALLY.
11-ALL LESSON MEET AT OUR PRIMARY LOCATAION AT 300 OCEAN FRONT WALK, VENICE BEACH
12- IF YOU ARE RESERVING A LESSON FOR CHILDREN, SOMEONE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, A MEDICAL CONDITION OR SOMEONE WHO CAN NOT SWIM, PLEASE SPECIFY THEIR AGE, SPECIAL NEED, OR CONDITION IN THE "MESSAGE" SECTION OF "RESERVATION REQUEST". WE FACTOR IN ALL VARIABLES WHEN PLANNING OUR LESSONS AND TIDE AND SWELL SIZE ARE MAJOR COMPONENTS WHEN WE ACCEPT OR SUGGEST ALTERNATE TIMES, ESPECIALLY FOR LESSONS NEEDING A HIGHER LEVEL OF CARE.
13-SURFING IS INHERENTLY DANGEROUS, IF YOU SHOW UP INTOXICATED (YES!, HIGH OR HUNGOVER COUNTS) YOUR LESSON WILL BE CANCELED.
14- WHILE DOING A LESSON WITH KAPOWUI OR AT ANY TIME YOU ARE IN THE AREA OF OUR BUSINESS OPERATION, YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHTS TO ANY LEGAL RECOURSE OR MONETARY COMPENSATION AGAINST KAPOWUI, ANY OF IT'S INSTRUCTORS, OR THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES DUE TO INJURY OR DEATH SUFFERED WHILE IN OUR CARE OF OR BY ANY OF OUR EQUIPMENT, VANS, ACTS OF GOD, OR INSTRUCTORS. WE HAVE NO MONEY ANYWAY BUT LEGAL MUMBO JUMBO THAT MUST BE POSTED.
PLEASE DO NOT USE RESERVATION ABOVE FOR SAME DAY RESERVATIONS, CALL ONLY!
WE DO NOT HAVE TIME TO ANSWER OUR EMAILS AT THE BEACH WHILE DOING LESSONS.
WHEN BOOKING A LESSON BELOW YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE ABOVE RULES AND POLICIES.
THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ ALL OF THE BORING STUFF ABOVE, NOW IT'S TIME TO BOOK A LESSON! YAAAYYYYY!!!
KAPOWUI - RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, CAUTION: DO NOT SIGN THIS DOCUMENT WITHOUT READING IT IN ITS ENTIRETY AND CAREFULLY. BY SIGNING THIS
DOCUMENT, YOU GIVE UP IMPORTANT LEGAL RIGHTS! SURFING IS AN ATHLETIC ACTIVITY, THE PARTICIPATION IN WHICH
INVOLVES VARIOUS RISKS. PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS DOCUMENT.
THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT. MY SIGNATURE IS MY ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS CONTRACT. I WILL NOT SIGN THIS DOCUMENT UNLESS I FULLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS CONTENTS. You can consult an attorney before signing.
I, ___________________________________, being an adult, (or a minor on whose behalf a parent or legal guardian is signing this document) (hereafter “I” or “me”), acknowledge that:
1) I Know How To Swim And To Maintain Buoyancy In Open Water, And I Am In Good Health: My swimming skills are above those of a novice and I can maintain my head above water when my feet do not make contact with the bottom for extended periods of time. Likewise, I am in good physical and mental health, I am not under the influence of any drugs, alcohol, or other substances which may impair my swimming skills or my ability to take and follow instructions. I am not pregnant nor am I suffering from any spinal or skeletal defect, hearing, vision or balance impairment or other physical impairment. I understand that the foregoing representations as to my physical condition are being relied upon by KAPOWUI. I hereby agree to follow all rules, regulations, and instructions of KAPOWUI while participating in this class, lesson, or while renting equipment from KAPOWUI.
2) I Acknowledge That Surf May Be Dangerous And I Accept And Assume Such Risk: I am aware that open water activities in general, and in surf specifically, involves inherent risks. I may damage my belongings, get hurt, get injured, become ill, drown, or even die. I further acknowledge that I have voluntarily chosen to rent equipment or take surfing lessons from KAPOWUI, or if the individual taking such lessons or renting equipment is a minor, I have, as the minors parent or legal guardian, voluntarily consented to such minor taking of such lessons, or renting equipment. I know and fully understand that water sports in and around surf are dangerous outdoor activities in an uncontrolled natural environment with inherent risks and hazards, where serious accidents can occur, participants can sustain property damage, injuries, illness and even die. I acknowledge and willingly and voluntarily assume all risks and hazards in surf and beach related activities in all phases of these activities from the training sessions until the conclusion of the class, lesson, or equipment rental period, including, but not limited to those involving, (1) loss of control of the surfboard or other equipment, malfunction of the surfboard or other equipment, falls from the surfboard or other equipment, collision with other participants, equipment, other surfboards, rocks, and any other man made or natural obstacles, whether obvious or not; (2) judgment, decision making and conduct of the instructors; (3) submersion in water, drowning; (4) encounters with animals, marine life, plant life, rocks and insects; (5) exposure to outdoor ocean environment, bacteria or microbes, extreme temperatures, sun, and inclement weather, including travel by foot or vehicle in any way related to this activity; (6) assistance in lifting and/or carrying surfing equipment; (7) rescue-related injuries; and (8) unavailability of immediate and appropriate medical attention in case of injury. I understand and acknowledge that the above list is not meant to be complete or exhaustive; that other unforeseen and unanticipated risks, known or unknown, may also exist and result in damage, injury, illness, disease, or death.
3) I Waive My Right To Sue KAPOWUI: In consideration for KAPOWUI agreeing to provide me with equipment rental or surfing instructions and/or allowing me to participate in this class or lesson, I agree that I shall not make a claim or bring any action against, sue, or hold responsible, the City of LOS ANGELES, its employees and other agents, KAPOWUI, its owners (including MARTIN SQUIRES), officers, agents, employees, associates, representatives, (referred to collectively in this agreement as KAPOWUI or expect, require, or pursue them, to be held accountable for any damages. I voluntarily agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless KAPOWUI from and against any and all claims of liability, even those arising out of their negligence, fault, recklessness, or any other act or omission which causes me damages, property damage, illness, personal injury, disease, or death, of any nature in any way connected with my participation in this activity or any bodily injury sustained in or around kapowui’s area of operation including any and all of kapowui’s property. I also expressly agree to release and discharge KAPOWUI from any act or omission, not excluding acts of wanton or gross negligence, in rendering or failing to render any type of rescue, emergency or medical services.
4) Indemnity: I further agree, to hold harmless, defend, and indemnify KAPOWUI and the City of LOS ANGELES from all defense costs, including attorneys fees incurred in connection with any claims arising from the activities anticipated herein, including but not limited to those for bodily injury, wrongful death, or property damage, whether caused by or sustained by any minor under 18 years of age on whose behalf I am signing, or which I may have caused to or by spectators or other third parties, whether negligent or not, in the course of my participation in this activity or at anytime while in the care of or around kapowui’s area of operation by any person, equipment or kapowui’s assets. In the event of any actions, regardless of where venue lies, any such actions shall be filed in the State Court of Los Angeles County, California. In the event that any action is filed other than in the State Court of Los Angeles County, California, it shall be moved to State Court of Los Angeles County, California on motion and at the option of KAPOWUI.
5) Permission to Obtain Medical Assistance: In the event of any injury, illness, emergency, accident or other harm sustained by me (or by the minor on whose behalf I am signing this document), I hereby give KAPOWUI permission to obtain Medical Assistance, in which event I hereby make the same releases and waivers in KAPOWUI™s favor as I have otherwise made in this agreement in connection with any such medical assistance sought or not sought. In addition, the expenses for any such medical emergency shall be my sole responsibility and not that of KAPOWUI.
6) I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY AND IT IS MY INTENTION THAT IT BE BROADLY CONSTRUED IN FAVOR OF KAPOWUI IN THE EVENT OF ANY AMBIGUITIES, WHICH SHALL BE RESOLVED IN KAPOWUI™S FAVOR. I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM ASSUMING ALL THE RISKS INHERENT IN THIS SURFING ACTIVITY, AND THAT I MAY BE INJURED, BECOME ILL, OR EVEN DIE AS A RESULT OF SURFING. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF ANY AND ALL CLAIMS. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT BETWEEN ME AND KAPOWUI, AND THAT NO REPRESENTATIONS HAVE BEEN MADE TO ME BY KAPOWUI OUTSIDE OF THIS AGREEMENT. I VOLUNTARILY SIGN MY NAME AS EVIDENCE OF MY ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THE PROVISIONS IN THIS RELEASE AND MY AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THEM.
Name of participant___________________________________________________________________________________________ Name of parent/guardian (in case of minor participant)________________________________________________________________ Signature__________________________________________________________________________ Date_____________________ Would you like to receive our e-newsletter? If so, write your email here___________________________________________________
COVID-19 RULES AND POLICIES
Instructors will be trained on OSHA, CDC, and WHO standard and directives and will be expected to adhere to all guidelines.
Any instructor who is known to have Covid or exhibits signs of Covid (coughing, fever, shortness of breath, head ache, etc..) will be requested to go home and will not be allowed to return to work until they have been tested and cleared by health care professional.
Lessons will be staggered to keep all clients and instructors from coming in contact with one another.
Instructors must maintain 6’ social distance while at work.
Instructors will wear gloves, glasses, and face mask during all lessons and at all times while at work.
All lessons will pay online for their lesson prior to lesson or use tap feature on Apple Pay.
All liability waivers will be completed online.
Greeting and valedictions with lessons will not include any physical contact.
All lessons temperature will be taken prior to lesson and any lessons that show symptoms of Covd-19 will not be allowed to proceed with lesson and will be fully refunded.
Only one instructor/ assistant will be allowed in the van per day to retrieve needed equipment or supplies for lessons.
Clients will be required to wear face mask from the moment of greeting till they leave work area. If they do not have a face mask, we will provide them with one.
Wetsuits for clients will be put in a designated place for them to retrieve and don.
Disinfectant gel and wipes will be available for all lessons and they will be requested to use them before the lesson begins.
Clients will not be allowed to leave any personal items with the instructor/ in the vans.
Surf instructor will preset boards on the beach in the morning and they will be left there all day, all boards will be disinfected at the beginning of each day, between each lesson and at the end of each day.
Van will be wiped down with disinfectant every hour.
Instructors will be required to disinfect hands between each client
Board will be left at the beach between lessons so the UV light and heat will help disinfect the boards.
Instructors will keep appropriate social distance from the lesson at all times, as suggest by CDC.